OR Registered Nurse | Contract-to-Perm
Our Chicago-based health system is looking for a registered nurse interested in an operating room nurse role. Effectively interact with patient, significant others, and other health team members, while maintaining standards of professional nursing.
- Assess patients at intervals as stated in policies and procedure
- Functions in the scrub and or circulating role during operative or other invasive procedures in accordance with the scope of practice, credentials, privileges, education and experience
- Ensures the operative procedure is being performed on the correct patient and site, side and level by: Reviewing the operative schedules, consents; Resolving identified discrepancy with the surgeon and patients prior to the patient being taken to the operating room per-incision timeout and sign-out process.
- Develops an individualised peri-operative patient plan of care
- Implements the plan of care by: Managing the patients specimens in an appropriate manner; communicating the patients status to the appropriate parties throught the continuum of care; Administering medications safely and correctly; performing interventions to maintain the patients wound and tissue perfusion at or above the baseline levels
- Providing education regarding the expected psychosocial response, nutritional management,medication management,pain and wound management,and expected responses to the operative or invasive procedure.
- Actively involving the patients or the designated support person in decisions affecting his or her perioperative plan of care and rehabilitation process
- Previous operating room experience
- Illinois state license
- Graduate of accredited Nursing school BSN.
- Additional Clinical Certifications
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Card
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Card
- COVID Vaccination Record(s)
- Driver's License
- Drug Screening Results
- Flu Vaccination Record
- Professional References
- MMR Vaccination Record
- Personal Protective Equipment Fit Test
- Physical Exam Certificate
- PPD/TB Screening Results
- Hep B
- Titers Test Results
- Other Vaccination Records
- EXCLUSIVE DOCUMENTS:
- Background Check(s)
- Provider Confirmation Sheet
- Skills Checklist