Clinical Lab Manager | Competitive Pay | East Bay, CA
Incumbents require planning, organizing, directing and managing laboratory services at Contra Costa Regional Medical Center and Contra Costa Health Center; ensures compliance with Federal, State and accreditation rules and regulations for clinical laboratories.
1. Valid license as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist issued by the California State Department of Health.
2. Four years of full-time (or equivalent to full-time) professional experience as a licensed Scientist in a clinical laboratory performing varied clinical tests & analyses (inclusive of 2 years supervisory and/or management responsibilities in it).
Skill Sets & Knowledge of:
- Clinical, anatomical and pathological terminology, methods and procedures
- Management, budget administration and supervisory principles & procedures
- Make serological, biochemical and bacteriological tests/analyses.
- Plans long range goals and short term service requirements of clinical laboratory functions.
- Plans, organizes and manages the work of clinical and anatomical pathology laboratory facilities at the main medical center and regional health centers.
- Establishes, interprets, and implements administrative and personnel policies and procedures for the clinical laboratories.
- Interviews, selects and monitors laboratory staff.
- Monitors ordering of supplies and equipment.
- Keeps informed of new equipment and/or testing techniques and devices for the laboratory and oversees training of technicians and scientists in the performance and operation of new methods and apparatus.
- Prepares annual budget, monitors expenditures and undertakes ways to enhance revenues.
- Monitors productivity and takes necessary steps for improvement if needed.
- Oversees the patient billing process and the maintenance of an adequate inventory.
- Ensures a safe work environment and participates in disaster planning activities.
- Keeps records and prepares reports.