Clinical Laboratory Scientist | Competitive Pay
Incumbents perform a variety of bacteriological, serological, biochemical and parasitological tests at a clinical laboratory within acceptable quality control standards under supervision. Perform tests in each laboratory domain on a rotation basis to gain proficiency.
- Knowledge of Clinical terminology; Reading, identifying & evaluating standard and abnormal test reactions and results.
- Perform clinical laboratory procedures and specimen processing.
- Operates and maintains manual, automated, and computer controlled equipment.
- Maintains quality control statistical data.
- Blood smear preparation, blood typing & cross matching, prepares lab reagents and monitor inventories.
- Reports patients test results verbally and in writing to members of the medical and nursing staffs.
- Maintains laboratory logs and records.
Valid license as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist issued by the California State Department of Health.