Diabetic Educator | Brooklyn, NY
Program manager will coordinate projects and programs as assigned in Ambulatory/OPD department. Role includes coordinating a peer-led diabetes self-management education program and w+orking with community members as well as community-based organizations.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Helping link patients to peer services and assuring their follow up and referral.
- Helping clinicians set up “panels” of patients for education and demonstrate effective organizational and planning skills.
- Able to communicate via Microsoft Outlook, EPIC and CBORD, Clinicians View, Medilinks, EPIC and/or other software programs .
- Maintain an encrypted excel data base of diabetic patients who participate in classes, consultations and various events.
- Compile the necessary documentation to submit for American Diabetes Association accreditation for a diabetes self management program.
- Oversee vaccination centers and other duties directly related to them.
- Bachelor's Degree Required.
- Minimum two (2) years' of related experience preferred.