Hiring Nurse Practitioners & Physician Assistants | Houston | Texas
Dispatch Health is actively recruiting Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants with acute care experience in ER, Urgent Care or Internal Medicine to join our growing team serving in:
- Houston, TX
Type - Full Time / Part Time
What You'll Do
- Work as part of a clinical care team and individually, as appropriate for the service line to deliver care in the patient’s home through our innovative in-home care service lines (i.e., Acute Care, Bridge Care, Advanced Care, Tele-presentation and others). This involves being in a mobile unit and driving or riding in a company vehicle to the place of service.
- Perform comprehensive health assessments and diagnose and treat complex illnesses.
- Provide therapeutic interventions, such as splinting, suturing, wound care and minor procedures.
- Use critical thinking skills and follow evidence-based standards of practice.
- Accurately and thoroughly document your patient encounter and ensure accuracy.
- Analyze test data to diagnose, treat and arrange appropriate follow up for the patient to ensure continuity of care.
- Educate patients and families on how to treat their acute illness and manage their health and well-being.
- Effectively navigate difficult conversations related to end-of-life issues and goals of care.
- Communicate effectively with patients, family, the medical power of attorney, primary care provider and all individuals involved in the patient’s care.
- Identify and proactively solve problems.
- Adhere to clinical and safety standards, protocols, and performance metrics.
- Provide care with compassion, empathy, and cultural competency.
- Attend training sessions and clinical team meetings.
- Lead your practice and always do what’s right for the patient.
What You Need
- Minimum of two years of experience as an APP in the Emergency Department, Urgent Care, Internal Medicine, Hospital, Family Practice, Cardiac, Pulmonary or other relevant areas
- Those with less than two years of experience as an APP, but with two or more years’ experience as a EM/Hospitalist residency (PA’s) and NP are also encouraged to apply
- Graduate with an advanced degree from an accredited institution
- Current unrestricted state license as a Physician Assistant or as an NP
- Nationally board certified, current
- Current BLS / ACLS certification
- Prescriptive authority and DEA
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Complete required drivers training upon hire
- Ability to lift and carry equipment up to 50 pounds
- Ability to walk up and down several flights of stairs easily
What makes us different?
- We spend time with our patients to treat the whole person, on average 40 minutes.
- Our patient-centric approach consistently results in a NPS score of 95 or better.
- We offer flexible work schedules and PTO.
- We offer full healthcare benefits and 401k for full-time employees, with a company match.
- We support professional growth and leadership opportunities.
- Our clinicians align with our guiding principles.