Nuclear Medicine Technologist | NY
Brooklyn, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 30, 2022
Manage radiopharmaceuticals for interpretation of patient diagnosis. Prepares and positions patient for procedures and reports accordingly to physicians.
Roles and Responbilities:
- Prepare stock radiopharmaceuticals, administer them and detects them in patient bodies to create advanced digital images .
- Explain test procedures to patients and provide them with assistance during test procedures after recording their medical histories and ensures proper documentation.
- Calculate, measure, and record radiation dosage or radiopharmaceuticals received, used, and disposed, using computer and following physician's prescription.
- Monitor the handling of hazardous materials or medical wastes.
- Maintain and calibrate radioisotope equipment.
- Performs related paperwork and operation of the RIS to process patients/examinations..
- Practices appropriate infection control.
- Ensures emergency kit is accurately supplied and recognizes emergency situations, initiates code procedures.
- Provides patient, doctor, and office staff with proper examination preparation and radiation protection.
- Accredited Nuclear Medicine Program Certification .
- Holds a CNMT(Certified Nuclear Medicine Technologist) certificate.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in the general field with some cardiac experience.