Registered Nurse | Operating Room | NYCHH
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 30, 2022
Delivers and ensures patient care by assessing and diagnosing patient’s condition, developing plan of care and evaluating patient’s response to care.
Roles & Responsibility:
- Systematically assess patient’s physical and psychosocial health through physical examination and data collection.
- Utilizes clinical resources in implementing patient care and provides rationale for patient care decisions.
- Conducts clinical rounds, provides emergency care and administers medications to patient.
- Performs and assists with procedures and treatments on unit including but not limited to changing dressings, feeding patients and providing pre/post operative care.
- Documents patient care, as required on all appropriate forms.
- Performs the responsibilities of charge nurse and preceptor and documents patient care.
- Two years of Scrub and circulating experience is required. IV insertion and phlebotomy skill conscious sedation experience.
- Phlebotomy skill and conscious sedation experience required.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State.
- IV Certification - required; AORN - preferred.
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing. Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, preferred.