Telehealth Psychiatrist | Experience with University & High School Patients + | Must Lic'd in TX w. Multiple Lic. ++
The Virtual Psychiatrist is responsible for the care of Behavioral health and Psychiatric patients that use our proprietary online platform. This remote position will speak with patients and guide their care. The ability to work a varying schedule including nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays is preferred.
The Virtual Psychiatrist oversees overall Behavioral health and Psychiatric patient care. This will include obtaining a focused history, an appropriate physical exam, evidenced-based medical decision making (MDM), documentation in the electronic medical record, e-prescribing, writing orders for patient navigation and follow-up care, providing self-care instructions and communicating directly with patients and their caregivers regarding their medical history and concerns. This individual will enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment where direction and priorities may change frequently.
Summary of Responsibilities:
95% of Time
- Provide psychiatric evaluation and psychological treatment in a remote environment. Provide direct psychiatric assessment and ongoing psychological treatment.
- Understanding of best practices in diagnostic evaluations and psychotherapy.
- Coordinate with the Care Coordinators in order to ensure appropriate follow-up care.
- Adhere to all corporate Information Security policies and procedures.
- Identify any breaches or potential breaches of corporate Information Security standards and communicate those to appropriate individuals.
- Maintain integrity, availability, and confidentiality of all PHI.
- Adhere to HIPAA standards for information security, privacy, and confidentiality
- MD, PA, or NP.
- State license in TX with additional licensure in NY, CA, FL, &/or CO preferred
- Five (5) years experience in the mental health field.
- Established clinical expertise working with Behavioral Health and Psychiatric patients Virtually.
- Two (2) years experience working on a telehealth platform
- Travel: No travel required.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understand the scope of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, or responsibilities associated with the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.