Telehealth NP Role | Growing HealthTech | Multi-State
The Telehealth NP is responsible for the care of patients that use our proprietary online platform.
Weekend coverage is the priority right now with some flexibility if you can only cover 1 shift per weekday.
- Weekend and Weekdays evening shift
Manage overall patient care and some emergency cases.
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
A breakdown of the responsibilities and duties:
Care of Patients (online)
Approximately 95% of time
- Conversing with patients via UCM’s Digital Health platform and treating patients through direct shift work; both synchronous and asynchronous in states of licensure
- Obtaining a focused medical history and asking patients situation-specific questions to formulate accurate diagnoses of patients.
- Provide clinical assessment and evaluation for the treatment of patients
- MDM and the formulation of suitable treatment plan to address non-threatening conditions, such as common colds, cases of flu, ear infections, urinary tract infections, allergies, rashes, weight loss, and fitness instructions.
- Electronic prescribing of suitable medications to patients and providing proper dosage and administration instructions.
- Support ordering of diagnostic testing and referrals to other health care providers
- Maintaining accurate electronic medical records of patients' contact details, medical history, prescribed medications, allergies, diagnoses, and progress.
- Adhere to all corporate Information Security policies and procedures. Identify any breaches or potential breaches of corporate Information Security standards and communicate those to appropriate individuals. Maintain integrity, availability, and confidentiality of all PHI. Adhere to HIPAA standards for information security, privacy, and confidentiality.
- Oversee the reporting of diagnostic testing results and follow-up treatment, referrals, and recovery.
Approximately 5% of time
- Attend mandatory staff and provider meetings.
- Keep current on clinical guidance provided by the Chief Medical Officer and Quality Team.
- Participate in quality assurance initiatives.
- Work with administrative leadership on care improvement initiatives.
- AP/NP License in multiple states
- Competencies/Experience: Experience in the practice of medicine, with comfort in emergency medicine.
In addition, the following experience is desirable:
- Experience in Telemedicine
- Licensure in multiple states a huge plus
- Deep knowledge of current medical practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and diplomacy skills; the ability to interact effectively in person (remote) and in writing.
We are seeking multi-state licensed providers with licenses in FL, TX, GA, VA, NC, SC, & AL and more.