Registered Nurse - Transport | Philadelphia, PA
Responsible for integrating resources to provide holistic care for patients and families in the transport environment. The transport nurse maintains skills and knowledge sufficient to provide safe, effective and appropriate care to patients including neonates, infants, toddlers and children.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provides detailed and appropriate teaching to patients and families to guide them through the episode of care and transition to another level of care.
- Function as a team leader when a physician is not present on the transport.
- Assess patient following written protocols, and formulate a plan of care.
- Exercise independent judgment when sudden clinical changes occur.
- Utilize effective communication skills with all members of the organization and patient families.
- PHRN certification is mandatory.
- Pediatric experience is required.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Graduation from ACEN or CCNE accredited school of nursing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, preferred.