Registered Nurse, Emergency Department | Travel Contract & Staff Positions | Wisconsin
Provides direct nursing care in settings where patients require complex assessments and intervention, in accordance with established policies, procedures, and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Collects comprehensive data pertinent to the health care consumer’s health and/or situation.
- Triages each healthcare consumer utilizing age, developmentally appropriate, and culturally sensitive practices to prioritize and optimize healthcare consumer flow, expediting those healthcare consumers who require immediate care.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnosis or issues.
- Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the health care consumer or the situation.
- Implements, coordinates, and educates, to promote health and a safe practice environment.
- Evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes.
- Communicates effectively in a variety of formats in all areas of practice.
- Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting and the profession.
- Attains knowledge and competence that reflect current nursing practice.
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and scientific knowledge in health care to Emergency Nursing practice, ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on patients’ age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the department's Scope of Service.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- 1-year minimum