Surgical Technologist | Travel, PRN, & Full-Time Positions
Responsible for the provision of patient care activities and related non-professional services necessary for the care of patients and the maintenance of the Operating Room under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
Sets up Operating Room with needed items for patient care; gathers supplies, x-rays, instruments, etc., for cases; handles instruments during procedures. Communicates information to the RN regarding patients.
- Practices and implements the technical components of patient care under the supervision of a RN.
- Collaborates with the RN and other healthcare professionals. to implement a plan of care that incorporates physician preferences, nursing assessments and diagnostic data in a manner that is prioritized, timely, and integrated with the plan of care.
- Prepares equipment, supply and resource needs based on an individualized plan of care. Re-evaluates and modifies resource needs as needed.
- Communicates accurate and timely information to the Registered Nurse regarding patients in their care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to perform all aspects of a variety of surgical procedures. Maintains knowledge and skills to properly operate all surgical equipment and instruments. Utilizes appropriate aseptic technique when handling supplies, instruments, and equipment.
- Follows laboratory policy and procedure to correctly handle and label all laboratory specimens.
- Documents quality controls thoroughly and accurately according to unit specific standards.
- Demonstrates competence in problem solving, conflict resolution, and team building. Serves as a resource to other team members.
- Organizes and utilizes time efficiently. Demonstrates appropriate prioritization. Maintains an organized work environment.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Either prior OR experience or graduation from an approved surgical technician program