Radiology Technologist | Travel, PRN, & Full-Time Positions Available
Posted on Wednesday, October 5, 2022
Takes x-rays of designated parts of the human body for diagnostic purposes and provides support for the imaging department. This position only performs plain films and fluoro.
- Explains procedures to patient to ensure understanding. Provides appropriate educational material.
- Transports patients to and from clinical areas and verifies patient identity according to policies and procedures. Assists technologists with preparing patient for radiology exam by positioning the patient for the procedure.
- Assists technologists with filing, delivering and retrieving patient reports and charts, matching films to folders, and delivery of reports to patient units/physicians.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines. Prevents patient from being exposed to unnecessary radiation.
- Prepares and administers contrast media and medications within the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Observes patient during procedure and reports abnormal activity. Monitors protocols and recommends updates or refinements as warranted.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel. Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area and any other areas in department.
- May perform limited CT procedures in emergent situations when CT Technologist is not on site.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree or completion of a radiology certification program
- No experience required