Respiratory Therapist | Travel, PRN, & Full-Time Positions | Missouri
Posted on Thursday, October 6, 2022
Provides evaluation of and care for respiratory therapy patients. Administers prescribed respiratory therapeutic services.
- Assesses patient for appropriate type and frequency of treatment and develops a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Responsible for providing respiratory care services in accordance with specific physician's orders, department policies and procedures and guidelines.
- Implements and monitors patient care plan and equipment. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition. Performs advanced respiratory care modalities.
- Evaluates respiratory practice, administration of medications, and treatment based on patient outcome.
- Educates the patient and family about the health condition and provides information about community support groups and other available programs.
- Assists with care, calibration and maintenance of all equipment. Participates in maintaining departmental inventory levels for supplies and equipment. Processes equipment per established cleaning/sterilization procedures.
- Responds to Medical Emergencies and Rapid Responses.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree or equivalent years of experience and education.