Full-Time Home Health RN Role in Port Charlotte
Provides coordinated skilled nursing care to patients of all age groups, in the home. Demonstrates accountability and responsibility in collaborating with the interdisciplinary team to establish and achieve patient goals and maintain high-quality patient care. Performs in accordance with physician’s orders and under the supervision of the Clinical Manager.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assesses home care patients identifying physical, psychosocial and environmental needs as evidenced by documentation, clinical records, case conferences, team reports, call-in logs and on-site evaluations.
- Completes OASIS, assessment and visit paperwork according to agency policy.
- Assures clinical notes accurately indicate continuing communication and coordination of services with the physician, other interdisciplinary team members and patient/family/caregiver.
- Communicates significant findings, problems and changes to Clinical Manager and physician, and documents all findings, communications, and appropriate interventions.
- Supervises and provides clinical direction to home health aides and LPNs/LVNs to ensure quality and continuity of services provided.
- Responsible for participating in on-call rotation and emergency call according to agency policy.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Minimum of one or more years of home health, public nursing or acute hospital nursing experience
- Familiar with Medicare home health regulations, documentation requirements, ICD-10 coding and PPS (Strongly preferred)
- Reliable transportation and proof of valid automobile liability insurance
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Current BCLS Certification prior to providing patient care
- 30 visits per week across 5 days.
- 1 weekend per month.
- Contract: 8 weeks.
- Experience with homecare home base EMR.
- Experience with OASIS
- Experience with lab blood draws & wound care.
- Mileage Reimbursed.