Pediatric Endocrinologist opportunity in Erie, PA
Erie, PA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 1, 2022
Shift: Day Job
- The Division of Pediatric Endocrinology at the UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh and the Department of Pediatrics, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is recruiting a Pediatric Endocrinology physician for UPMC Hamot located in Erie, PA.
- The physician must have an MD or equivalent, be board certified or board eligible in Pediatrics and Pediatric Endocrinology with the ability to obtain an unrestricted PA license.
- H1B visa sponsorship available.
Opportunity Details :
- No call or weekends
- Outpatient practice
- Help build and grow our existing practice will be supported by nurses and certified diabetes educators.
- Will be an integral part of the Division of Pediatric Endocrinology and have remote access to educational and CME activities offered on the main Pittsburgh campus.
- The Pediatric Endocrinology Division has a multi-decade tradition of excellence and a robust ambulatory practice, being the major referral site for Western Pennsylvania, Northeastern Ohio, and northern West Virginia.
- The staff includes 21 physicians and 11 advanced practice providers. This program also includes 10 diabetes educators, 4 dieticians, 2 social workers, a clinical psychologist and 7 endocrine nurses. The Pediatric Endocrinology Division has a busy inpatient and consult service and a vibrant Fellowship program (currently with 3 Fellows per year and opportunity to teach virtually). The Division operates in many locations across Western Pennsylvania and is poised for strong growth to provide all children with the best care.
- Both the Division of Endocrinology and UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh have been consistently ranked in the Top 10 Honor Roll on U.S. News & World Report’s list of “American’s Best Children’s Hospitals” for many years, including the current 2022-23 year where they are both ranked #6.
What we Offer
- Clinical academic appointment
- Relocation assistance of $7,000
- CME allowance of $4,000 plus 2 weeks
- Four weeks PTO
- Three-year retention bonus
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience plus lucrative RVU based incentive bonus
- Outstanding benefit package including health, dental, vision and pension
About UPMC Hamot and UPMC
- UPMC Hamot is a 423-bed non-profit hospital in Erie, PA, offering a full complement of inpatient and outpatient services, and serves as a regional referral hub
- Level II Trauma Center
- Supported by over 650 physicians and nearly 4,000 dedicated employees, UPMC Hamot’s mission is to serve its patients, communities, and one another in the UPMC Hamot tradition of quality, health, healing, and education
- UPMC Hamot’s superior health care services are continually recognized by notable accrediting bodies.
- UPMC is a $23 billion world-renowned health care provider and insurer based in Pittsburgh, PA
- 92,000 employees, including 4,900 physicians
- Over 40 academic, community and specialty hospitals
- Over 800 doctors’ offices and outpatient sites
- UPMC is inventing new models of accountable, cost-effective, patient-centered care
- Closely affiliated with University of Pittsburgh, ranked among the top 10 recipients of National Institutes of Health research funding since 1998
COVID-19 Vaccination Information:
- Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMC’s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC.
- The candidate must have completed a Pediatric Endocrinology Fellowship and be Board Certified/Eligible in Pediatric Endocrinology. UPMC offers great benefits packages and competitive salaries based on experience.