CRNP (ACNP) | APP Faculty | UPP Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation | Pittsburgh PA
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 Hrs
Shift: Day Job
- The University of Pittsburgh and UPMC, UPP Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation are seeking a Faculty APP, CRNP (ACNP) to support our high standard of care and meet patient care service needs at UPMC Montefiore/UPMC Presbyterian.
This position provides patient care services, including assessing and managing patients in the inpatient environment, by following established standards and practices. Responsibilities of this position include:
- Perform consultative services and inpatient services for the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation for patients in the acute inpatient setting and IPR setting. Including appropriately triage patients for further evaluation by attending physician as needed. Conducting daily rounds on the IPR patient to collaborate on the plan of care and rehabilitation progression for patients under the direction of the attending physician.
- Have knowledge base of ‘transitional rehabilitation units’ capabilities and post-acute levels of care. Assess needs for post IPR stay.
- Remain up to date with compliance regulations regarding the care of patients in the inpatient rehabilitation setting.
- Perform complete physical exams, obtain complete medical history, monitor therapies, complete recommendations and document in medical record and communicate recommendations to the primary team and or care manager.
- Determine appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures and develops treatment options.
- Work with Rehab Coordinators to recommend transfer of acute patients to inpatient rehab settings or other levels of care based on functional, physical and medical needs.
- Have a knowledge base of inpatient rehabilitation medical necessity requirements.
- Initiate and/or completes all administrative tasks and acquires all necessary information, instructions or materials.
- Perform procedures as directed by physician and/or as directed by written agreement
- Instruct patient/family regarding recommendations and assist with any medications and treatment questions
- Educate patients regarding health and illness prevention. Recommend community resources to meet patient and family needs, and make appropriate referrals for outpatient follow-up.
- Triage patient telephone calls and provide consultation.
- Provide continuity of patient care in collaboration with other health care professionals
- Participate in activities that contribute to education and research, including precepting students and residents.
- Comply with requirements of appropriate regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, CLIA, PA Department of Health).
- Perform within the scope of the agreement
Licensure, Education, Certifications, and Clearances
- The successful completion of an approved nurse practitioner program is required
- Professional nursing experience and/or nurse practitioner experience is preferred
- Current state RN license and CRNP certification are required
- National certification, eligible for licensure by Pennsylvania board of nursing, eligible for certification as a CRNP by Pennsylvania state board of nursing
- Current CPR certification is required
- Act 33/73 Clearances will be required
- Act 34 Clearance will be required
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMC’s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC.