Sign-On Bonus | Neonatologist | Erie, PA
Erie, PA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 2, 2022
Shift: Day Job
- UPMC Hamot in affiliation with University of Pittsburgh Physicians (UPP) is seeking a dedicated, patient-focused board-certified or board-eligible Neonatologist to join our growing team.
- This full-time opportunity is in the Erie, Pennsylvania area.
About the position:
- The NICU has active neonatal nurse practitioners, physician assistants and medical student training opportunities and has a wide range of coronary and peripheral procedures
- Very close working relationship with the division of newborn medicine in the department of pediatrics at UPP
- 24/7 NNP staffing
- Daily rounding/service attending staffing
- Daily back-up attending staffing from 4p-7a out of hospital
About the Hospital:
- The NICU is a 24-bed level 3 community hospital-based nursery with no limitations on the gestational age or the ventilatory status of patients
- The unit supports regional community hospitals and activities of two large obstetrical group practices, with combined deliveries of approximately 2,500/year and NICU admissions of 250/year
- Antenatal and neonatal transport services, high frequency ventilation, nitric oxide and total body cooling therapies are available, but all surgical and ECMO patients are referred to UPMC Children’s Hospital
- The NICU is enrolled in the Vermont Oxford Neonatal Network, with a history of excellent neonatal outcomes
- Health, life, and disability insurance
- Medical malpractice insurance
- Competitive compensation structure
- Sign on Bonus and CME allowance
About UPMC Hamot
- Today UPMC Hamot is a 423-bed tertiary care facility, regional referral hub and Level II Trauma Center.
- Supported by a medical staff of more than 300 active members and nearly 3,300 dedicated employees, UPMC Hamot’s mission is to serve its patients, communities, and one another in the UPMC Hamot tradition of quality, health, healing, and education.
- Qualified applicants must possess an MD or equivalent
- Board-certified or board-eligible in Neonatology (will consider residents)
- Eligible for licensure in the state of Pennsylvania