Experienced Cardiologist job in New Castle, PA
New Castle, PA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 2, 2022
Shift: Day Job
About The Opportunity
- UPMC’s Heart & Vascular Institute (HVI) seeks a full-time, general, non-invasive cardiologist to join its expanding team.
- The successful candidate will enjoy a clinical academic appointment and provide inpatient/outpatient services at its UPMC Jameson and UPMC Horizon locations.
- Duties include inpatient cardiology consultations, critical care services, ECG analysis, interpretation of transthoracic echocardiograms, perform/interpret transesophageal echocardiograms and cardiac nuclear studies as well as the option to teach.
- These duties are performed in weekly rotation with cardiologists within the practice and weekend coverage is shared 1:4.
About The Practice
- HVI at UPMC Jameson | UPMC Horizon is currently comprised of 4 full-time cardiologists (1 interventionalist with 3 non-invasive cardiologists and seeking to add a 4th) as well as 5 APPs serving two suburban areas near Pittsburgh.
- In addition to these full-time providers, there are part-time services provided by 3 Electrophysiologists (including pacemaker clinic), a Heart Failure specialist, 4 vascular surgeons and 1 cardiothoracic surgeon.
- HVI’s outpatient office is located inside UPMC Jameson as are a full range of diagnostic services including 2 cath labs.
- Experience as a teacher or mentor of medical students and residents
- Board Certified or board eligible
- Demonstrated excellent clinic outcomes
- Qualified for medical licensure in Pennsylvania