Developmental Behavioral Pediatrician | Full-Time | Pittsburgh, PA
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 2, 2022
Shift: Day Job
- The Department of Pediatrics, University of Pittsburgh, is seeking to fill a faculty position at the Assistant Professor level in the Division of Child Developmental, Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh.
- Applicants should be Board Certified in Pediatrics and board eligible or certified in Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics.
- The major responsibilities are clinical and educational with the opportunity to develop a research niche.
- The successful applicant will become Director of Resident and Medical Student Education within the division.
- The division currently consists of 3DBP trained physicians, 3 NDD trained physicians, 4 NDD residents and a nurse practitioner and maintains a close association with the Center for Development Disabilities at the Western Psychiatric Institute and the LEND program at the University of Pittsburgh.
- Opportunities for collaborative research are abundant at the University of Pittsburgh and Carnegie Mellon University.
- Clinical responsibilities are entirely outpatient and include the diagnosis and continuing care of children with a broad range of neurodevelopmental and behavioral conditions, including autism spectrum disorders, developmental delays, intellectual conditions, ADHD, learning disorders, and emotional and behavioral disorders.
- Applicants should have a major interest in the provision of clinical care, supervising and teaching advanced practice providers (APPs), have excellent communication skills, enjoy teaching pediatric residents, and medical students and have interest in developing curricula and leading a large and diversified education program.
- We seek candidates who embrace and reflect diversity.
- Board Certified in Pediatrics and board eligible or certified in Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics
- Must qualify for a medical license in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania