Board Certified | Neurosurgeon | Erie, PA
Erie, PA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 2, 2022
Shift: Day Job
- UPMC, an integrated global nonprofit health enterprise and one of the country's premier non-profit health care networks is expanding its neurosurgery team at UPMC Hamot in Erie, PA.
- As a member of the region’s premiere Neurosciences Institute, you will join a multidisciplinary team including five neurosurgeons, three neurohospitalists, eight neurologists, two neuroradiologists and two neurointerventional neurologist and experienced well season advanced practice providers.
- This is an outstanding opportunity to have the best of all worlds at a top academic medical center with plenty of opportunities to collaborate, perform research, and teach.
- Typical cases include neurotrauma, brain tumors, complex spinal surgery, cerebrovascular disease and/or endovascular interventional radiology.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and collaborative disposition.
- The physician will be expected to participate in multidisciplinary conferences, quality improvement initiatives and contribute to the teaching of medical students and residents.
- Interest in participating in research.
Candidates can expect:
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience/training
- Paid occurrence-based malpractice insurance
- Medical, dental and vison insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Group Life insurance
- Robust retirement plans
- Customary and reasonable moving expenses
About UPMC Hamot:
- UPMC Hamot is a 423-bed, Magnet ®. hospital in Erie, PA, offering a full complement of inpatient and outpatient services, and serves as a regional referral hub and Level II Trauma Center.
- Supported by a 300-member medical staff and 3,500 dedicated employees, UPMC Hamot’s mission is to serve its patients, communities, and one another in the UPMC Hamot tradition of quality, health, healing, and education.
- UPMC Hamot’s superior health care services are continually recognized by notable accrediting bodies.
- The ideal candidate is fellowship trained and BC/BE in Neurological Surgery
COVID-19 Vaccination Information
- Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMC’s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC.