General Thoracic Surgeon Job in Erie, PA
Shift: Day Job
- The Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery at the University of Pittsburgh seeks to hire a full-time thoracic surgeon for UPMC Hamot.
- General thoracic surgeon for UPMC Hamot, a 423-bed hospital in Erie, PA, offering a full complement of inpatient and outpatient services, and serves as a regional referral hub and Level II Trauma Center.
- Minimally invasive (VATS, robotic) experience needed.
- Assistant Professor or Associate Professor positions in tenure or appointment stream (previously referred to as non-tenure) tracks are available at the University of Pittsburgh with rank and salary commensurate with experience and academic credentials.
Minimum requirements for these ranks are:
- Demonstrated teaching ability, experience in advanced study and research, or professional experience of a kind which would enable them to make an academic contribution. Should also have the potential for promotion to Associate Professor.
- Creation of a strong body of impactful scholarship, a local, regional, and developing national reputation, effectiveness as a teacher, and service.
Positions are open to all applicants who hold doctoral level education (MD, DO) and meet the minimum position credentials.
Applicants must be board certified or board eligible and qualified for medical licensure in Pennsylvania.