Hospitalist | Multiple Locations | Altoona, PA
Altoona, PA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 2, 2022
Shift: Day Job
- UPMC Altoona is now accepting ABIM/AOBIM/ABFM Board Eligible/Board Certified physicians for an exciting hospital medicine career opportunity.
- We offer exceptional career growth opportunities and stability as part of a financially strong and thriving world-class health system.
- Our competitive compensation and benefits package includes occurrence-based malpractice insurance, employer-funded retirement plan, paid health/dental/vision insurance, life/disability insurance, and more.
- The service is currently comprised of 25 physicians and 15+ APPs who provide inpatient care with the support of medical and surgical specialists, while also coordinating care with an Intensivist Service and primary care physicians.
- Each physician treats an average of 16-18 adult inpatients per day from admission through discharge.
- Work schedule is 7 days on, 7 days off, 12-hour shifts, with night call covered by nocturnists.
- Intensivist Service covers ICU. No OB or peds. No procedures, and no responsibility for code response.
- UPMC Altoona
- UPMC Bedford (for emergency coverage only)
- Licensure, Certifications and Clearances:
- Board Certified or Eligible in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- BLS, ACLS Certified
- Must qualify for a medical license in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Act 33, 34, 73