Experienced Nurse Practitioner | Inpatient / Outpatient | York, PA
York, PA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 2, 2022
Shift: Day Job
- UPMC Pinnacle is seeking a qualified nurse practitioner to provide full time coverage in our Surgery Optimization Clinics in York and Carlisle, PA.
- The nurse practitioner will independently participate in the delivery of direct patient care as it applies to pre-surgical patients in the preoperative-optimization, assessment, consultation, and treatment clinic.
- Providers in the Surgery Optimization Clinic work with patients to improve their health prior to surgery focusing on uncontrolled diabetes, high blood pressure, smoking cessation, nutrition, etc. with the goal of reducing the risk of surgical complications.
- Full-time, Monday-Friday, daytime schedule provides excellent work/life balance
- No call
- Must be able to work autonomously
- Ideal experience includes anesthesia, pre-op, inpatient endocrinology, any surgical specialty
About UPMC Pinnacle:
- UPMC Pinnacle is a nationally recognized leader in providing high-quality, patient-centered health care services in central Pennsylvania and surrounding rural communities.
- The not-for-profit system cares for more than 1.2 million area residents yearly, providing life-saving emergency care, essential primary care and leading-edge diagnostic services.
- The UPMC Pinnacle health system includes seven acute care hospitals with 1,161 licensed beds, over 160 outpatient clinics and ancillary facilities, more than 2,900 physicians and allied health professionals, and approximately 11,000 employees. It is a health care hub serving Dauphin, Cumberland, Perry, York, Lancaster, Lebanon, Juniata, Franklin, Adams, and parts of Snyder counties.
- Two years of experience working within an inpatient/hospital or outpatient setting required
- Experience in patient optimization and high-risk patient populations preferred
- Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner Licensure and Registration by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Graduate of accredited CRNP program
- Valid/current CPR / ACLS certification
COVID-19 Vaccination Information :
- Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMC’s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC.