Surgical Support Assistance | Brooklyn, NY
Brooklyn, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 17, 2022
Assist the Registered Nurse and Physician in performing basic patient care activities and other non-professional duties related to surgical procedures.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Maintain patient care environment.
- Feeds patient, records patient’s food/fluid intake and transport them inter and intra departmentally.
- Inventories and stocks clerical and clinical supplies and equipment.
- Assist in positioning and preparing patient for surgery as directed.
- Changes OR tables, sets up video equipment, suctions machine, and ESU as directed.
- Assist in codes and/or emergencies in assigned areas. . Checks and delivers specimens to Pathology according to established guidelines.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Some experience working with patients or in health care facility preferred.
- Ability to fully utilize BHMC’s electronic record systems, equipment and other healthcare and billing systems relevant to this position.