Psychiatrist, Virtual Care | Remote | Maryland
About the Role
Fully remote, 100% telemedicine position.
This role is available as Part time or Full Time.
Our Partner's Virtual Care provides high-quality, convenient and affordable healthcare on demand. Using proprietary technology, we connect patients with licensed providers, who conduct video-based visits and are looking for a board-certified Psychiatrist to join our team; tele psych experience preferred. This is a virtual/online opportunity.
Essential Job Functions
- Each initial visit lasts an average of 40 minutes with medication follow up visits typically shorter in duration, 10-15 minutes
- Provide psychiatric evaluations, diagnostic assessments, and services for patients within the standards of professional psychiatric and medical care via telepsychiatry
- Develop treatment plans utilizing assessment information to provide support, psychotherapy, and psychopharmacology as appropriate for individual patient needs
- In accordance with best practices, utilize treatment interventions that align with the needs of the patient’s concerns and extent of emotional, social, cognitive, developmental, and behavioral disorder(s)
- Monitoring of patients prescribed psychotropic medication regimen to assess treatment effectiveness, and medication side effects through follow up appointments and adjust treatment as necessary
- As needed, consult, and collaborate with the patient’s primary care physician, outside medical providers and/or other health care providers.
- Develop, schedule and implement high quality treatment that adheres to evidence-based practices
- Knowledge and comfort with ePrescription while complying with telepsychiatry standards and applicable Federal and State laws
- Adhere to our partner's clinical quality parameters and telemedicine practice guidelines
- Demonstrate the knowledge and ability to adhere to the areas of regulatory compliance, professional standards and ethical practices
- MD or DO degree with full unrestricted state medical license
- Board Certification from American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Must have at least 2 years of experience as an independently licensed professional
- Must have experience treating diverse populations through individual, family or couples therapy
- Must have an understanding of the Ryan Haight Act and any current state regulations/laws pertaining to the prescription of DEA controlled medications following a tele behavioral health evaluation
- Telemedicine experience preferred
- Strong communication, documentation and diagnosing skills
- Familiarity with technology, including computers, smartphones, and tablets
- Extensive knowledge of community resources, support networks and local self-help groups
- Ongoing commitment to continued education and attendance at professional workshops, trainings and conferences