Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) | Contract & Travel | California
Posted on Saturday, February 4, 2023
DirectShifts has an exciting opportunity for Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)
- In this role, the successful candidate Administers anesthesia under the supervision of the Attending Anesthesiologist, administers local, inhalation, intravenous and other anesthetics prescribed during surgery, deliveries or other medical procedures.
- Institutes resuscitative procedures throughout the hospital, including the recovery room and is available at all times while on duty.
- Performs Complete Pre-Anesthetic Assessment. Includes significant laboratory data. Includes important aspects of patient history and physical.
- Takes initiative and functions independently. Review ID upon receiving patient, name and DOB. Respects patients rights.
- Provides Competent Post Anesthetic Management. Verifies with the PACU RN the patients first and last name on the ID bracelet. Maintains patient airway.
- Shows attentiveness to physiological needs. Provides full report to recovery person. Completes all records. Evaluates and resolves patient pain status.
- All medication and syringes properly disposed of. Takes care of equipment
- Demonstrates Professional Competence in Managing Anesthetic. Appropriate airway management.
- Appropriately Prepares Anesthetic Management. Plan of care is developed in systematic manner based upon assessment, interpretation and anticipated procedure.
- Displays knowledge of current anesthetic principles in selecting anesthetic techniques
- Appropriately Prepares for Case Management. Assembles all essential equipment in an orderly manner.
- You must have an MS degree.
- Current NYS RN License, CRNA Certification or GRNA certificate with letter qualifying to sit for the national boards (with confirmation of graduation from the program director).
- BLS, ACLS, PALS certification, NYS Infection Control Certificate.
- CRNA-Certified RN Anesthetist, Registered Nurse License-NYS, CRNA-Certified RN Anesthetist, Registered Nurse License-NYS.