Registered Nurse | NICU | NY
Job Description -
The Staff Nurse assigned to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit has knowledge and expertise In the area of neonatal high-risk nursing. within the guidelines of the American Pediatrics, Association of Women, Obstetrics neonatal; and New York State Department of Health 405.21: i Mãternal' and Newborn Standards, other Regulatory Agency Standards and the clinical departments.
- Intervenes effectively with safe comprehensive nursing care based on pathophysiologlc processes and nursing observations of the critically ill child,
- Provides highly skilled care to the critically ill child by monitoring and assessing physiologic variables and administers appropriate-lnterventions for positive outcomes.
- Initiates and completes patient admission history and assessment according to established guidelines
- Performs a systematic pediatrics assessment.
- Assesses patient's psychosocial needs and behaviors relating to current situation and develops Individualized plan of care for each patient. Revise plans as needed.Observes symptoms or changes In patient status and responds promptly, exercising reasonable judgement.
- Evidence of graduation from an accredited Nursing Program
- Licensed and currently registered as a Professional Nurse in New York State.
- BLS (Basic Life Support), NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation), PALS (Pediatric Advance Life Support certified, as required by the position.
- Demonstrates satisfactory completion of general, service and Age Specific competency.
- Demonstrates commitment to continued professional development.
- Demonstrate satisfactory performance of functional job description.