Registered Nurse | PICU | NY
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Under the general supervision of the Head Nurse/Nurse Manager, a staff nurse assigned to the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit provides age appropriate professional nursing care, including, assessment, planning, problem identification, care implementation, and evaluation of care of patients and children ages one (1) to 18 years.
Job Description -
- Demonstrates competency in Pediatric Drug Management and Basic EKG interpretation.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team in providing age-appropriate care
- Re-assesses patients' needs and/or response to treatment and promptly confer with physician/provider.
- Manages medications according to established policy, using appropriate age specific techniques and devices, including the Broselow tape Demonstrates venipuncture/peripheral IV insertion skills.
- Utilizes available technology and equipment i.e. life support systems, invasive/noninvasive hemodynamic monitoring systems in providing patient care.
- Transports the critically ill patients to the unit and communicates significant findings to receiving staff using appropriate handoff technique.
- Currently licensed as Registered Professional Nurse in the State of New York.
- Current BCLS prior to PICU assignment; has current PALS or obtains PALS with 6 months of hire.
- Completes comprehensive orientation including clinical rotation of Pediatric units.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN) Required
- EPIC (EMR) Strongly desired.
- One (1) year Medical Surgical RN experience in acute settings preferred.