Urgent Hiring | Endoscopy Technician | ERCP | NY
Actively recruiting Endoscopy Technician to join our growing team serving in: Brooklyn, NY
Job Description: The Endoscopy Technician is responsible for assisting the Registered Nurse and Physician in the performance of duties and procedures for endoscopy.
- Responsible for setting up procedure rooms, layout of supplies, selection of proper scopes
- Prepares endoscopy procedure room after each procedure by following infection control practices including disinfection of all surfaces etc.
- Cleaning and flushing of scopes following national standards and guidelines for infection control practices.
- Monitor and maintain the automated endoscopic reprocessing equipment including performance of control monitoring/quality assurance procedures with regard to equipment and disinfectants
- Maintain autoclave and processing all sterilization procedures on instruments following guidelines and maintaining all spore testing and autoclave logs.
- Assist with handling specimens and transport to lab, and assist with transport of patients into and out of procedure rooms.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- EMR/EHR Experience
- Graduate of approved Medical Assistant or Medical Technician Program·
- Training in endoscopic equipment cleaning processes.