Technologist | CT Tech | Little falls hospital,NY
Perform CT scans on Inpatients, Outpatients, and ED patients as ordered by a physician. Document the status of cases in the RIS and add electronic notes in the PACS as necessary.
Reconstruct images for the Radiologist as needed and send images to PACS to be interpreted.
Assist the Radiologist in the performance of Interventional Procedures utilizing CT guidance.
Transport patients to and from the CT Scan Department and the ED as needed.
Preparation and insertion of IV catheters for the injection of contrast media.
Using computerized tomography equipment to capture diagnostic images of patients’ internal organs and tissues.
Appropriately positioning patients to scan specific areas of their bodies.
Performing regular warm-up sequences on the CT scanner to prolong the life of the X-ray tubes.
Sterilizing radiologic equipment to ensure the safety of patients.
Correctly interpreting doctors' written scanning instructions.
Administering radiocontrast agents to patients to enhance the visibility of internal organs and tissues.
Evaluating CT scans to determine whether they are of good technical quality.
- Must have BLS, BLS Instructor
- Exams: Annual CORE, Annual Core II (Allied), Specialty Checklist, Specialty Exam
- Licenses: ARRT, ARRT Verification, License Verification, Radiologic
- Medical Records: COVID-19 Prescreening, COVID-19 Vaccine, Drug Screen, Fit Test, Flu Vaccine, Flu Vaccine Declination, Hep B Declination, Hep B Titer, Hep B Vaccination, Ishihara Color Deficiency Assessment, MMR, MMR Titer, Physical, PPD, TB Questionnaire, Varicella, Varicella Titer
- Requires 4 shifts per week
- Shift timings: 12 PM to 10 PM