High Paying | X-Ray Technologist | Flexible Shifts | NY
About the Role:
We are actively hiring for X-Ray Technologists for multiple locations across NYC. In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for performing medically prescribed radiographic procedures.
- Maintains supplies and cleanliness of space, restocks supplies as needed.Notifies supervisor of any shortage of any supplies.
- Assists section in completion of special projects, reports and activities.
- Maintains cooperative and professional relationships with patients, physicians, nurses and office and clinical staff.
- Demonstrates skill in equipment set-up, utilization and proper maintenance procedure. Performs visual and manual quality control checks of X-ray equipment including monitors used for routine dictation/reading of clinical images.
- Is able to recognize a medical emergency and notifies nurse, PA and/or MD immediately. Demonstrates knowledge of proper radiation safety procedures and incorporates them into the performance of all radiographic procedures. Uses gonadal shielding on all patients whenever possible. Restricts beam to the smallest possible area, ensuring the least possible exposure to the patient without compromising quality.
- Performs transmission and/or segmentation for transmission to PACS in a complete and proper anatomic display. Generates high quality hard copies of images when necessary. Uses efficient methods and completes examinations assigned in reasonable amount of time. Maintains cleanliness of radiographic area. Prepares equipment and supplies in advance for future exams. Makes alterations in work schedule for STAT and emergency cases.
- Follows special instructions indicated on radiographic requisition.
- Independently implements patient procedures in accordance with departmental protocols and standards. Explains the procedure and equipment to the patient clearly. Answers patient questions to ensure understanding and patient satisfaction. Provides for patient comfort before, during and after procedure, and maintains an ongoing rapport with the patient throughout the procedure to ease any anxiety the patient may have. Provides for patient privacy at all times. Positions patient and radiographic equipment appropriate to the body part(s) to be radiographed and adjusts equipment settings accordingly to insure maximum information is obtained. Uses lead markers appropriately. Follows accepted radiologic procedures. Ensures that all x-rays completed are of high quality. Uses positioning and immobilizing devices to improve radiographic quality. Considers variety of protocols and rationale in determining radiographic positioning and technique.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the HIS and is able to access patient data for verification of orders. Competent in scheduling exams in RIS from the order entry queue and/or demonstrates the ability to modify exams when necessary.
- Is knowledgeable of the total cycle of RIS patient tracking. Follows departmental policy of documenting begin, complete and departure times, when appropriate, in the RIS. Has working knowledge of film library functions.
- Demonstrates ability to access patient information such as appointment times, type of exam, and patient reports. Maintains confidentiality on matters to which they are privileged.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the hospital and radiology information systems as they relate to radiology. Correctly chooses appropriate patient information from HIS/RIS system in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
- Uses standard procedures to identify the correct patient using two identifiers (full name and birth date). Checks patients wristband by name to ensure patients ID matches examination requisition. Calls patient by last name, asking patient to confirm their identity by stating their first name. Introduces self to the patient. Reviews patients requisition and understands the type of exam required by each requisition and confers with medical staff regarding clarification when necessary. Consults policy and procedure manuals and/or other reference materials as necessary to ensure actions conform to established protocols. Follows special instructions indicated on radiographic requisition. Recognizes need for and follows isolation precautions.
- Effectively assesses patients information and status, and follows appropriate procedure(s) accordingly.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Certificate from accredited School of Radiologic Technology
- New York State license of Diagnostic Radiology Certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists ( ARRT)
- Licenses: Radiologic TechLic IV-Cert-NYS, Radiologic Tech Lic - NYS, Am Registry Of Radiologic Tech
Note: Shift timings available are Days, Evenings, Nights (depends on availability)