Ultrasound Technician | Bassett Medical center | Cooperstown, NY
As an Ultrasound Technician, you will be responsible for identifying appropriate ultrasound procedures and performing these examinations. You will also be responsible for providing the still images to the Physician for further treatment.
- Performing various sonography assessments and examinations.
- Identifying and recording appropriate sonography procedures.
- Adjusting the transducer for necessary image capture.
- Ensuring the safety of the patient while they are in the ultrasound room.
- Evaluating the quality of the images.
- Presenting still images to the Physician for further diagnosis purposes.
- Communicating with the Physician for pathological and normal findings.
- Assisting in day-to-day sonography activities.
- Completing ultrasound bill forms of the patients.
- Maintaining a good rapport with the interrelated hospitals, referrals, and agencies.
- Notifying the Physicians about any abnormalities in the images.
- Maintaining and calibrating all the ultrasound equipment and machinery.
- Maintaining patient records and charts for patients undergoing surgery or treatments.
- Helping Radiologists with various cardiovascular ultrasound procedures.
- Performing various clerical-related duties along with the work schedules.
- Reporting and documenting equipment failures to the appropriate Supervision.
- Shift Timings: 7:00am to 3:30pm/ 9:00am to 5:30pm
Requirements for Ultrasound Tech
- Certifications: BLS
- Exams: Annual CORE, Annual Core II (Allied), Specialty Checklist, Specialty Exam
- Licenses: CAAHEP, CAAHEP Verification, CST, CST Verification, IAHCSMM, IAHCSMM Verification, NAACLS, NAACLS Verification, NCCT, NMTCB,
- NMTCB Verification, RCIS, RCIS Verification, RDCS, RDCS Verification, RDMS, RDMS Verification
- Medical Records: Covid 19 Declination, COVID-19 Medical Exemption, COVID-19 Prescreening, COVID-19 Vaccine, Drug Screen, Fit Test, Fit Test - 3M 1860 N95,
- Flu Vaccine, Flu Vaccine Declination, Hep B Declination, Hep B Titer, Hep B Vaccination, MMR, MMR Titer, PAPR Clearance, Physical, PPD,
- Quantiferon Gold/TSpot/Chest X-Ray, TB Questionnaire, Varicella, Varicella Titer