Inpatient Locum Opportunity in Colorado Springs (Capron Rehab Unit)
We are seeking BE/BC Internal Medicine physicians for an ongoing inpatient locum opportunity. Flexible scheduling opportunities with anywhere from 2-4 day work weeks. Must be open to traveling to more than one location throughout the week.
- BC/BE in Internal Medicine
- Has experience within an inpatient setting
- Unrestricted CO State Medical License
- Reliable transportation
- Subacute, long-term care, assisted living, and independent living facilities.
- 18 patients per day
Provides medical oversight and care to the assigned patient population, maintains timely and appropriate documentation of such care, and actively participates in medicalstaff duties. Participates in quality assurance, utilization management, and peer review programs to ensure high quality, cost-effective services. Supports practice budgetary targets. Partners with administration and staff to support strategic and operational plans. Works collaboratively toward needed improvements. Work is done in subacute, long-term care, assisted living, and independent living settings depending upon specialty and assigned patient population.
- Meets quality measures in provision of medical care. Performs related administrative functions in the clinical setting. Meets professional standards governing such services in the appropriate medical specialty. Performs in accordance with the medical staff bylaws, the rules and regulations of the Board of Medical Examiners, and the policies and procedures of practice
- Creates and maintains timely, appropriate, and confidential documentation and coding of patient care to ensure compliance with medical reporting standards and billing practices so as to meet applicable federal and state requirements.
- If required by the Employment Agreement, actively participates in medical staff duties, attends medical staff meetings, participates in peer reviews and evaluations, and supports and ensures compliance with federal and state rules, regulations, and accrediting body requirements.
- Meets Continuing Medical Education requirements for state licensure and liability insurance.
- Supports practice budgetary targets while maintaining standards of care. Participates in utilization and care management processes to ensure high quality, cost-effective health care. Participates in the identification, collection, and analysis of clinical, operational, and financial indicators to ensure effective use of resources. Promotes patient safety in all functions.
- Serves as a committed partner to the Practice's administration and staff to support strategic and operational plans. Establishes positive relationships with other physicians, administration, staff, and the community. Fosters collaborative efforts toward improvement. Serves on relevant health plan, and medical staff committees to optimize relationships with the medical staff members, payors, and peers.
- Follows safety standards in all aspects of performance of the above functions, reports/removes unsafe equipment and attends safety education sessions.
- Strives to uphold the mission, vision, and values of the Practice. Serves as role models for staff and acts in a people-centered, service excellence-focused, and results-oriented manner.
- Requires ability to work independently, understand complex situations, and make sound judgments. Needs good eye/hand coordination, manual dexterity, and attentiveness to details. Physical stamina required in most settings.
Please submit an application to learn more!!