Registered Nurse | ECMO ICU | Texas
The ECMO ICU is looking for experienced ECMO Specialist RNs who strive to deliver the highest quality care for our ECMO population.
We're offering competitive rates and exclusive opportunities with select startups, hospitals, and health systems across the country.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management and coordination of ECMO and other specialty care patients in the ICU.
- Responsible for appropriate selection of equipment and techniques to be used, and to ensure the safe management of physiologic functions.
- Responsible for ECMO and ICU specialties quality program, projects and initiatives. Responsible for Quality Improvement program, including data collection for internal and/or external benchmarking.
- Follows established protocols and develops and implements new protocols as required.
- Maintains care delivery systems and teams to meet patient care needs. Establishes a plan for the delivery of quality care, including the development of protocols and participation in research efforts.
- Responsible for overseeing Specialist FTEs and maintains a 24-hour staffing plan and schedule that meets patient and unit needs, in collaboration with the manager.
- In collaboration with leadership, maintains an active role with financial management of the program, including the capital equipment process.
- Responsible for coordinating the development and maintenance of a competency assessment system for multidisciplinary team caring for ECMO and ICU specialty patients, including ECMO specialists, physicians, advance practice providers, registered nurses, respiratory therapists.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements. Facilitates ELSO application and certification process as well as any other critical care program certifications or databases.
- Active state license
- Two years of experience
- Should be comfortable with night shifts
- Should be comfortable with 13 weeks contract