Register Nurse|| Operating Room|| Odessa, Texas
We are seeking a highly capable operating room nurse to prepare instruments and equipment for surgical procedures, as well as providing patients with perioperative care. In this role, your duties will include preparing operating rooms, liaising with healthcare professionals on patient care, and providing patients with post-surgery instructions.
Operating Room Nurse Responsibilities:
- Providing surgical patients with perioperative care in recovery, procedure, and operating rooms.
- Stocking operating rooms with sterile surgical equipment, linens, and supplies.
- Developing and implementing nursing care plans for surgical patients.
- Preparing patients for surgery by cleaning and disinfecting areas to be operated on.
- Assisting surgeons during surgical procedures.
- Applying sterile techniques in handling medical instruments and equipment pre-, during, and post-surgery.
- Collaborating with surgical teams and other medical professionals on patient medication and post-surgery care.
- Updating patient files and medical records.
- Assisting with the ordering, maintenance, and safe storage of surgical equipment and supplies.
- Providing patients with post-surgery care instructions and answering questions.
Experience Notes: A traveler friendly facility in Odessa, Texas is looking for an Operating Room (OR) nurse. Must have minimum 2 years of experience in current field. Must
have Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Life Support (PALS). Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)and
travel experience preferred. Must have experience in Electrocardiogram (EKG), Moderate Sedation and daVinci Robotic Surgery. Call-1 weekday/week and
Certifications: ACLS, BLS, PALS
Exams: Annual CORE, Annual Core II, RN Pharmacology, Specialty Checklist, Specialty Exam
Medical Records: COVID-19 Prescreening, Drug Screen, Fit Test, Fit Test - 3M 1860 N95, Flu Vaccine, Flu Vaccine Declination, Hep B Declination, Hep B Titer, Hep B
Vaccination, Ishihara Color Deficiency Assessment, MMR, MMR Titer, PAPR Clearance, Physical, PPD, Quantiferon Gold/TSpot/Chest X-Ray, TB