Technologist | Multiple cities in VA
We are looking to employ a skilled CT technologist to operate our CT scanning equipment and capture diagnostic images that are of good technical quality. The CT Technologist’s responsibilities include taking inventory of radiologic supplies, ensuring that the radiologic equipment is in good working order, and adhering to established guidelines on hygiene and infection control. You should also be able to monitor patients throughout the scanning procedure to identify and respond to any allergic reactions to the contrast agents.
CT Technologist Responsibilities:
- Using computerized tomography equipment to capture diagnostic images of patients’ internal organs and tissues.
- Appropriately positioning patients to scan specific areas of their bodies.
- Performing regular warm-up sequences on the CT scanner to prolong the life of the X-ray tubes.
- Sterilizing radiologic equipment to ensure the safety of patients.
- Correctly interpreting doctors' written scanning instructions.
- Administering radiocontrast agents to patients to enhance the visibility of internal organs and tissues.
- Evaluating CT scans to determine whether they are of good technical quality.
- Explaining scanning procedures to patients and providing reassurance and support as required.
What You Will Need
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- Radiologic Technologist credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) required.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.