Contract Role | Operating Room Nurse | New York
• Assesses patients at intervals as stated in policies and procedures.
• Functions in the scrub and or circulating role during operative or other invasive procedures in accordance with scope of practice, credentials, privileges, education, and experience
• Ensures the operative procedure is being performed on the correct patient and site, side and level by: Reviewing the operative schedule; Reviewing the operative consent; Verifying procedure site and side with patient; Resolving identified discrepancy with surgeon and patient, prior to the patient being taken to the operating room; and participating in the pre-procedure verification, per-incision Time Out and sign out process.
• Develops an individualized perioperative patient plan of care.
• Implements the plan of care by: protecting the patient from injury caused by chemical, electrical, laser, mechanical, and thermal sources and extraneous objects; performing accounting procedures to protect the patient from unintended retained surgical items; performing interventions necessary to ensure that the patients procedure is performed on the correct site, side, and level; managing the patients specimens in the appropriate manner; communicating the patients status to the appropriate parties throughout the continuum of care; administering medications safely and correctly; performing interventions to maintain the patients wound and tissue perfusion at or above baseline levels; performing interventions to maintain the status of the patients genitourinary, gastrointestinal, musculoskeletal, endocrine, respiratory, cardiovascular, and neurological systems and fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base balances at or above baseline levels;
• Providing education regarding the expected psychosocial response, nutritional management, medication management, pain management, wound management, and expected responses to the operative or invasive procedure;
• Actively involving the patient or designated support person in decisions affecting his or her perioperative plan of care and the rehabilitation process.
• Minimum two (2) years operating room experience.
• Current NY State RN License required.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) required.
• Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) required.
• Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) required..
• Certified Nurse, Operating Room (CNOR) certification, preferred.