Hiring Pharmacists - Clinic/Hospital/Store | Connecticut
Hiring Pharmacists for multiple positions in clinics and stores, in multiple locations.
Provides pharmacy consulting services with empathy to patients regarding the effective usage of medications and awareness of drug interactions.
Offers preventive and clinical healthcare services, including immunizations, diagnostic testing, and patient outcomes services. Responsible for ensuring the proper compounding, dispensation, review, and verification of prescribed medications within regulatory guidelines, company policies and procedures.
Supports the efficient workflow of the pharmacy and assists the pharmacy manager in identifying ways to optimize pharmacy financials, inventory management and enhance patient experience.
- Engages patients by greeting them and offering assistance with products and services. Resolves patient issues in a timely manner and answers questions to ensure a positive patient experience.
- Models and shares customer service best practices with all team members to deliver a distinctive and joyful experience, including interpersonal habits that show care (e.g., greeting, eye contact, courtesy, etc.) and Walgreens service traits (e.g., demonstrating curiosity to identify needs and proactively helping, servicing until satisfied, championing empathy and inclusivity, etc.).
- Connects with patients by anticipating needs and proactively offering services. Supports efforts on enhancing patient experience by increasing awareness of healthcare services offered
- Counsels' patients and answers their questions regarding usage of medicine, side effects, interactions, contraindications, patient information privacy, generics, less expensive medicines, over-the-counter products, and refers to medical provider as needed to ensure medication is taken correctly, health needs addressed, and satisfaction with service.
- Performs pharmacist tasks including compounding, drug therapy reviews, verification, and medication management.
- Reviews, interprets, and accurately dispenses prescribed medications when necessitated by workload.
- Ensures the pharmacy operates in accordance with regulations, company policies and standards. Assists pharmacy manager with establishing procedures that promotes the efficient workflow of the pharmacy including assigning roles, coordinating activities, and soliciting team member suggestions. Responsible for the opening and closing of the pharmacy and shift change duties.
- Ensures the use of all elements of the Good Faith Dispensing policy in conjunction with state and federal controlled substance laws when filling prescriptions. The Product Review/Retail Fill Process Pharmacist is responsible for ensuring that elements of Good Faith are present.
- Maintains current knowledge of information technology associated with pharmacy systems including workflow, prescription fulfillment, billing, clinical documentation, training, inventory management, and point of sale registers to provide support to patients as well as pharmacy staff. Seeks new and better ways to further promote productivity.
- Ensures the accurate processing of insurance claims to resolve patient issues and prevent payment rejections. Follows up with insurance companies and medical providers and participates in 3rd-party audit.
- Follow-up with medical providers’ offices to clarify prescribed medications, dosages, refills, interactions, and allergies to suggest alternative medications, and answer medical provider questions.
- Performs clinical and wellness services such as immunizations, diagnostic testing, disease state management and other healthcare services.
- Assists and supports the pharmacy manager in analyzing performance data including pharmacy financial, customer service, and implementation of procedures for pharmacy asset protection and inventory management.
- Develops and maintains good connections with local medical community including physicians, nurses, and other healthcare providers. Participates in community outreach activities to promote the pharmacy business, enhance growth opportunities, and provide more joyful lives through better health.
- Partners with centralized support for patient registration, exception resolution, and assists with resolving patient issues. In virtual environments, conducts virtual product review by following specific company procedures and guidelines.