Nurse Educator | Operating Room | New York
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, June 2, 2023
We are hiring nurse educators for NY location.
- The Professional Development Specialist (Nurse Educator), Operating Room applies expert knowledge and skills to provide the educational support needed to achieve quality patient care outcomes.
- Nurse Educator will provide professional development and education to assist staff in preparing for contemporary practice and support in acquiring the evidence-based knowledge and skills needed to competently care for med/surg and musculoskeletal patients.
- She/he facilitates bridging the gap between research and evidence-based practice ensuring quality and safe patient care both directly and indirectly.
- She/he participates in the assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating activities associated with comprehensive unit-based and hospital-wide nursing educational needs.
- Directs and facilitates support for the care of the operating room paitents.
- Facilitates Interdisciplinary Communication and Optimal Patient Care for the Patient in the critical care setting.
- Serves as Patient Safety Advocate and Clinical Role Model.
- NY state RN License - required
- Master's degree in nursing or related discipline preferred or must be matriculated into a master's program within 9 months of employment
- At least 2 years of recent operating room care experience required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to demonstrate a caring demeanor toward others.