Radiology(X-Ray) Tech | Philadelphia
DirectShifts is looking for an X-Ray Technician. This is a trained medical professional performing radiological duties in compliance with regulatory and departmental requirements.
Please note that this role requires travelling to multiple Philadelphia locations.
- Positions patient under X-ray machine, adjusts immobilization devices, and provides appropriate radiation protection; adjusts switches regulating length and intensity of exposure
- Performs a variety of patient care activities to assist physicians including procedures, EKG's, phlebotomy and injections.
- Prepares reports and maintains records of services rendered; maintains radiological film files and storage, pulls X-rays as required for referrals and/or copying; keeps logs for x-rays sent out for referrals. Keeps an updated log that consolidates X-rays performed against reports received.
- Maintains supplies, equipment, practices OSHA safety standards, performs accurate, legal and ethical documentation at all times.
- Graduate from an accredited program for Radiological Technology required
- ARRT Certification required
- Graduate from an accredited Medical Assistant program preferred
- A minimum of 1 year x-ray technologist work experience in a healthcare environment required; 2 years is preferred
- EMR system experience is preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart Association (AMA) or American Red Cross required w/in first 90 days of employment