CRNA | Baltimore | MD
DirectShifts seeks a CRNA who would provide anesthetic care in collaboration with anesthesiologists, surgeons, physicians. This position performs CRNA functions and practice parameters as detailed by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA).
- Performs and documents a pre-anesthetic assessment and evaluation of the patient, including requesting consultations and diagnostic studies; selecting, obtaining, ordering, or administering pre-anesthetic medications and fluids; and obtaining informed consent for anesthesia
- Develops and implements an age-appropriate and culturally sensitive anesthetic plan, taking into account the principles of growth and development throughout the lifespan
- Selects and initiates the planned anesthetic technique which may include: general, regional, local anesthesia, and intravenous sedation
- Selects, obtains, and administers the anesthetics, adjuvant drugs, accessory drugs, and fluids necessary to manage the anesthetic
- Selects, applies, or inserts appropriate non-invasive and invasive monitoring modalities
- Interprets and utilizes hemodynamic and laboratory data to maintain the patient’s physiologic homeostasis and correct abnormal responses to the anesthesia or surgery.
- Manages a patient’s airway and pulmonary status using current practice modalities
- Manages emergence and recovery from anesthesia by selecting, obtaining, ordering and administering medications, fluids and ventilatory support in order to maintain homeostasis, to provide relief from pain and anesthesia side effects, and to prevent or manage complications
- Discharges patients from a post-anesthesia care area, and provides post-anesthesia follow-up evaluation and care
- Graduated from an accredited school of Nurse Anesthesia
- Must hold an active licensure as a CRNA in the Maryland State
- Current BLS, ACLS certification