Exciting opportunity | Endoscopy/GI | Registered Nurse | New York
Provides direct and indirect patient care to clinic patients and their families utilizing the nursing processes of comprehensive patient assessment, development and implementation of nursing care plans and patient education, and on-going evaluation. Delivers holistic and individualized care to all patients in assigned area. Develops, implements, coordinates an optimal interdisciplinary plan of care that incorporates psychological, sociocultural, spiritual, economic, and life-style factors. Fosters and maintains collaborative relationships between patients, their family/support group, physicians, and other healthcare providers through timely and effective communications. Adheres to polices, industry standards, best practices, and applicable laws/regulations and codes to promote a quality, highly reliable patient experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and competence with regard to nursing theories, concepts and practices; medical terminology; anatomy; and physiology.
- Working knowledge of the healthcare industry, safety precaution policies, best practices regarding patient care and privacy, and changes in local/state/federal regulations.
- Possess written and verbal communications skills to explain sensitive information clearly and professionally to diverse audiences, including non-medical people.
- Basic knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Outlook), Electronic Health Record.
- Prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies, procedures, and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
- Work independently, as well as be part of the team, including accomplishing multiple tasks in an environment with interruptions.
- Identify, evaluate and resolve standard problems by selecting appropriate solutions from established options.
- Ensure the privacy of each patient’s protected health information (PHI). Build collaborative relationships with peers and other healthcare providers to achieve departmental and corporate objectives.
Bachelor's degree in Nursing
Minimum two (2) years as Endoscopy or GI RN
- Current NY State RN License required
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) preferred