Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) | Nursing Home | Staten Island | New York
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Sunday, July 2, 2023
We are actively seeking for Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in Staten Island, NY.
Employment Type : Contract
Shift : Night
What You Will Do
- Assist nursing personnel in providing basic care for residents, necessary unit tasks and functions.
- Carries out assignments as instructed in a safe, appropriate and timely manner.
- Maintain standards of Nursing Care; performs selected resident care as directed by the RN or LPN while maintaining the dignity of the resident and in accordance with policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Follow work assignments, and/or work schedules in completing and performing assigned tasks.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment through the unit and shift.
- Provide Resident Care
- Assists resident with hygiene needs (baths, mouth care, hair care, removes facial hair-shaving, nail care, back care).
- Assists with feeding of those residents able to chew and swallow without difficulty.
- Employs special oral feeding techniques for residents with special needs/difficulties.
- Measures intake and output accurately and documents on worksheet and graphic sheet.
- Check and report bowel movements and character of stools as instructed.
- Performs routine colostomy care.
- Answer resident calls promptly.
- Ensure that residents who are unable to call for help are checked frequently.
- Weighs resident using upright, chair and bed scale.
- Measure and record temperatures, pulse, and respirations, as instructed.
- Maintains safety measures.
- Transfers or weighs residents using appropriate lift.
- Assists residents in use of bathroom, shower urinal, bedpan and commode for residents.
- Keep residents dry (i.e. change gown, clothing, linen, etc. when it becomes wet or soiled).
- Change bed linens, make beds, provide extra covers as requested. Keep linens tight to avoid wrinkles from forming under the resident.
- Ambulates residents, including those using canes and walkers, as instructed.
- Assist in transporting residents to/from appointments, activity and social programs, etc.
- Position bedfast residents in correct and comfortable position, assist with turning residents, and assist with lifting, turning, moving, positioning, and transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc.
- Performs skin assessment and notifies Charge Nurse of any abnormalities in skin integrity.
- Measures and documents vital signs and weights. Report any variation in vital signs and weights. Report any variation in vital signs to Charge Nurse.
- Apply cold packs and warm compresses.
- Upholds residents Bill of Rights.
- Documents resident-related tasks in appropriate records.
- Assists with post mortem care and discharge of resident transfer.
- Assists with post mortem care and caring for personal belongings of the deceased.
- Attend and participate in scheduled training, in-services, and educational classes a required.
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need
- Must be a licensed Certified Nursing Assistant in accordance with New York State.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a sincere desire to serve others.
- Under direct supervision of a licensed Nurse or other professional medical