Assistant Nurse Manager Opportunity with Sign-On Bonus in White Plains, NY
Cardiac Catheterization Lab
Job Schedule: Full Time
Sign On Bonus: Eligible For Sign On
Salary Range: $115,000-$160,000
In collaboration with the Nurse Manager, the Assistant Nurse Manager:
- Assures the delivery of quality department /clinical services in accordance with established hospital and regulatory/accreditation agency standards.
- Acts as a role model, coach, mentor, and resource for staff and peers.
- Responsible for overall department operations, including setting goals and managing personnel and budgets.
- Maintains 24-hour responsibility for nursing care on the unit.
- Works with the healthcare team to ensure optimum patient care.
- Ensures employee compliance with hospital and HR policies.
- Manages employee competency and education requirements.
- Participates in the Performance Improvement Program.
- Promotes a safe environment for employees and patients.
- Stays updated with departmental operations.
- Fosters teamwork within the department and hospital-wide.
- Demonstrates positive customer service and employee relations.
- Supports hospital initiatives and functions as a change agent.
- Engages in community service.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Include the Following:
- Adheres to WPH Performance Standards, Policies, and Behaviors.
- Develops and aligns departmental goals with hospital strategic plans.
- Manages hiring, evaluation, and termination of employees following hospital policy.
- Creates and updates staffing budgets based on department needs.
- Ensures compliance with regulations and accreditation standards.
- Facilitates staff orientation, competency, and education requirements.
- Provides house supervision as needed and maintains knowledge through education.
- Participates in Performance Improvement initiatives and patient satisfaction goals.
- Develops evidence-based standards of care and policies.
- Promotes service excellence and patient rights.
- Attends required meetings and communicates effectively.
- Ensures safety standards for employees and patients.
- Participates in committees, projects, and reports as needed.
- Integrates nursing ethics and patient safety principles.
- Delegate's activities according to NYS Nurse Practice Act.
- Adheres to ANA Code of Nursing Ethics and WPH standards.
- Cultivates a culture of shared governance.
- Collaborates with the Magnet program director for strategic alignment.
- Performs assigned duties as required.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Current NY State License
- BSN required or be White Plains, NY matriculated in a BSN program with a plan for graduation by 1/1/2022 if hired prior to 2016 and by 1/1/2020 if hired between 2016 and 1/1/2018 and discussed with the Senior Vice President of Patient Care Services/CNO.
- BLS certification (through American Heart Association) required
- ACLS certification (through American Heart Association) is preferred unless required by employees in the department supervised then the certification is required
- Certification in area of specialty, or CNML (Certified Nurse Manager & Leader) preferred but must be obtained within 3 years of hire date.
- Demonstrates a basic knowledge of management skills
- Previous management/leadership experience preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant acute care experience
- Ability to function as a staff RN
- Demonstrates excellence in clinical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Communication Skills (written & verbal)
- Planning, Organization & Delegation Skills
- Strong Problem Solving, Judgment & Decision Making Skills
- Stress Tolerance