Per Diem RN Care Manager position in White Plains, NY
Department : Care Management
Job Schedule : Per Diem
Shift : Day
Hours: Weekends & week days 8:30Am -4:30Pm or 9AM-5Pm
Salary Range: $88,392.92-$123,749.93
- The RN Care Manager performs the initial comprehensive assessment on admission in accordance with the Care Management Department policy, screening all patients by utilizing established tools for high risk indicators (i.e. AIMS, Geisinger, polypharmacy) to ensure high risk patient populations receive the appropriate supportive services for discharge to prevent readmission and assess all populations for potential discharge planning needs.
- Provides ongoing reassessment of needs throughout the hospital course.
- Performs UR activity per department policy
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Includes the Following:
- Understands and adheres to the WPH Performance Standards, Policies and Behaviors
- Completes a comprehensive initial assessment.
- Performs all activities for multidisciplinary care coordination at the intra-hospital level of care and inter-hospital level of care.
- Performs all transitional planning activities including but not limited to:
b.Arrangement of all aftercare
c.Commercial payer involvement
d.High utilizer patient root cause
- Communicates and collaborates all relevant patient information to appropriate health team members.
- Ensures department goals of LOS reduction, readmission prevention, denial reduction, and satisfaction improvement are realized.
- Documents per department requirements.
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities as needed.
- Performs all UR activities per department policy:
a.Commercial payer reviews
Admission clinical review.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
Education & Experience Requirements:
- BSN or related Bachelor's degree required
- 5 years clinical ED, critical care or med/surg experience required
- Previous case management experience preferred
- Knowledge of healthcare financial, regulatory, and payer issues preferred
- Knowledge of state, local, and federal programs strongly preferred
- Experience in use of Milliman/InterQual criteria
- Registered Nurse (RN) NYS license required
- PRI/Screen certification strongly preferred.
- C.C.M. (Certified Case Manager) certification preferred
- Computer skills essential
- Demonstrates ability to establish two-way communication by clearly defining expectations, communicating utilizing a variety of methods, actively listening to ideas and concerns and responding in an appropriate manner.
- Demonstrates ability to delegate responsibilities appropriately.
- Demonstrates ability to retain composure under stress and perform multitasking functions.