Full Time Registered Nurse Opportunity | Night Shift | in White Plains, NY
Department : Emergency Department
Job Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Night
Hours: 7PM-7AM 13 shifts per month ever other weekend and holidays
Salary Range: $80,477.87-$120,727.43
- The Registered Nurse provides direct patient care.
- The Registered Nurse collaborates with patients, family/significant others, peers, physicians and other members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team in the delivery of healthcare services to patients.
- The Registered Nurse assesses the patient’s needs, plans care, implements and evaluates the medical and nursing regimens in accordance with the hospital and nursing philosophy, policies/procedures and standards.
- He or she demonstrates leadership skills and commitment to professional accountability and growth
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Includes the Following:
- Understands and adheres to the WPH Performance Standards, Policies and Behaviors.
- Utilizes the nursing process to meet the age specific needs of the patient in all aspects of care: biophysical, psychosocial, education, safety/ environment and discharge planning
- Utilizes appropriate steps in the decision making process to include recognition and priority setting related to patient care and unit-based issues. Addresses issues with appropriate actions
- Collaborates and communicates with the interdisciplinary health care team
- Integrates patient rights and nursing ethics into work practice
- Adheres to infection control standards to reduce the risk of nosocomial infections to patient and staff.
- Adheres to the tenets of the Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goals
- Delegates activities to ancillary staff as it relates to the State Nurse Practice Act
- Adheres to the ANA Code of Nursing Ethics & Scope and Standards of Nursing Practice
- Supports, promotes, and practices within the WPH Professional Nursing Practice Model
- Sustains and advances the Magnet model
- Participates in the Performance Improvement initiatives
- Completes competency requirements
- Attends mandatory in-services
- Attends staff meetings as required/requested
- Utilizes cost containment practices
- Assumes Charge Nurse responsibility
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Education & Experience Requirements
- Required RN with a current New York license/registration from an accredited nursing school. BSN is required for RNs And must must be submitted to Human Resources for verification.
- Applicants should have knowledge of current nursing, medical, and health trends for patient care. One year of acute care nursing experience is preferred for areas other than medical surgical or step-down.
- BLS certification is required (through American Heart Association), and ACLS certification is mandatory for all RNs except for NICU and OR RNs. Existing nurses have 12 months to obtain ACLS. Newly hired, inexperienced nurses must acquire ACLS within 12 months, and newly hired, experienced nurses within 6 months.
- PALS certification (through American Heart Association) is obligatory for RNs in specific units and must be obtained within 12 months for newly hired inexperienced nurses and within 6 months for newly hired experienced nurses.
- NRP certification is essential for RNs working in the Mother-Baby unit, Labor & Delivery, and NICU, to be obtained within 6 months for newly hired nurses.
- Registered nurses providing direct oncology care must demonstrate either current cancer-specific certification or ongoing education through cancer-related continuing education nursing contact hours.
- RN's in the Emergency Department must complete de-escalation training within 1 year of hire.
- Successful completion of the Department and Unit Orientation Program is required.
- Teamwork & Adaptability
- Acts as a Professional Role Model
- Assessment Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills (both verbal and written)
- Attention to Detail
- Planning & Organizing
- Sound Problem-Solving, Judgment and Decision-Making Skills
- Stress Tolerance