Oncology Pharmacist | Per-Diem | White Plains, NY
Department: Pharmacy Oncology
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Hours: 8 AM-4 PM/9 AM -5 PM /10 AM-6 PM rotating weekends and holidays
Salary Range: $125,359.07-$188,049.62
- Under the general direction of the Director of Pharmacy Services, the Registered Oncology Pharmacist provides comprehensive pharmaceutical care and works with our Infusion Center, Hematology-Oncology Unit and Oncology Physician Practice nursing staff.
- This individual will have direct contact with our Hematology/Oncology Physicians, Infectious Disease Physicians, and their patients.
- The Oncology Pharmacist will primarily be involved in providing Clinical/Dispensing services for our Hematology/Oncology practices and patients.
- The Oncology Pharmacist will also provide Staff Pharmacist/ IV services as needed.
- The Registered Pharmacist reviews the patient’s medication orders against the patient’s medication profile in accordance with hospital and pharmacy philosophy, policies and procedures and standards.
- The Registered Pharmacist is committed to customer service, professional accountability and growth
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Include the Following:
- Adheres to WPH Performance Standards, Policies, and Behaviors.
- Utilizes the Pharmacy process to meet the specific medication education, safety, and patient rights needs of oncology patients.
- Addresses age-specific medication education, safety, and patient rights needs.
- Monitors Infection Control methods, participates in PI and Risk Management programs and meets established competency standards.
- Engages in the decision-making process, collaborating with the healthcare team.
- Demonstrates productivity through punctuality, effective time management, and maintaining professional performance.
- Shows commitment through in-service attendance, participation in projects, and continuous self-development.
- Stays updated on federal, state, and WPH regulations, laws, and policies.
- Assumes accountability for competency standards and welcomes constructive criticism.
- Maintains a cooperative and professional attitude, effectively communicating with the healthcare team.
- Adapts to staffing needs and assignments flexibly.
- Demonstrates conflict resolution skills with a positive attitude.
- Practices cost containment measures.
- Complies with all WPH policies, procedures, dress code, and code of conduct.
- Supervises Pharmacy Assistants.
- Performs all other assigned duties.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Graduate from an accredited school of Pharmacy with a minimum of a BS in Pharmacy.
- NYS Pharmacist license and Current New York registration are required.
- 2 – 3 years of hospital pharmacy experience;
- Minimum three (3) of annual CE requirements must be in Chemotherapy/Oncology.
- Oncology Certification by NYSCHP or BPS or equivalent preferred.
- Experience in hematology oncology and infusion center operations preferred.
- Successful completion of Hospital and Departmental Orientation Program, according to hospital and Pharmacy policy and procedure
- Demonstrates the ability to establish two-way communication by clearly defining expectations, communicating utilizing a variety of methods, actively listening to ideas and concerns and responding in an appropriate manner.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform pharmaceutical calculations.
- Demonstrates the ability to act in a professional capacity and serve as a role model. Demonstrates ability to retain composure under stress
- Poises problem-solving skills
- Practice good judgment and decision making