Hiring Operating Room Scrub Technician(Outpatient ) in White Plains, NY
WPH CAMS - Operating Room
Job Schedule: Full Time
Hours: 11 AM - 7 PM, flexing locations required
Salary Range: $67,699.5150 - $101,549.3700
- Under the direction of the nurse manager or Registered Professional Nurse, the Scrub Technician handles the instruments, supplies, and equipment necessary during surgical procedures.
- The technician has an understanding of the procedure being performed and anticipates the needs of the surgeons.
- The scrub technician has the necessary knowledge and ability to ensure quality patient care during operative procedures and is constantly vigilant in maintaining sterile technique.
Includes the Following:
- Adheres to WPH Performance Standards, Policies, and Behaviors.
- Performs nursing procedures according to WPH policy.
- Ensures supplies and equipment are ready before surgical procedures.
- Handles intra-operative tasks, maintaining the highest sterile technique standards.
- Assists surgeon and RN with post-procedure care and handles specimens appropriately.
- Prepares instruments for decontamination and assists in preparing/picking OR cases.
- Complies with Infection Control and Fire Code policies and follows patient safety standards.
- Identifies and addresses malfunctioning equipment.
- Responds effectively in emergency situations.
- Completes required competencies and attends mandatory in-services.
- Utilizes cost containment practices.
- Fulfills Continuing Education Credit requirements as per New York State Law.
- Performs all other assigned duties.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must meet one of the following criteria:
- Graduate from a CAAHEP- or ABHES-accredited program and hold and maintain CST certification.
- Completed a military surgical technology program.
- Grandfathered with evidence of one year of surgical technologist employment in a healthcare facility within the four years prior to the effective date of this section.
- Serving in the federal government and performing duties related to that service.
- Prior experience as Surgical Technologist is preferred.
- Certification by a nationally accredited surgical technologist credentialing organization.
- Grace Period for Recent Graduates A person may be employed or contracted to practice surgical technology during the 12-month period immediately following successful completion of a nationally- accredited surgical technology program, but may not continue to be employed or contracted beyond that period without documentation that the employee or contractor holds and maintains a certified surgical technologist credential
- As of April 1st 2017, BLS certification (through American Heart Association) is required.
- Those hired before 4/1/17 must receive the BLS certification by 4/30/18
- Those hired on or after 4/1/17 must receive within 6 months of hire
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Strong Problem Solving, Judgment & Decision Making Skills
- Stress Tolerance