Per Diem Nurse Practitioner Opportunity in White Plains, NY
Cancer Infusion Center
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Hours: Mon-Fri 8AM-6PM, Sat,Sun 8AM-12PM
Salary Range: $117,058.50-$175,597.50
- Exempt position responsible for providing primary care services, including assessment, diagnosis, prescription, treatment, and patient education.
- Adheres to nursing standards defined by the American Nurses Association Code of Ethics, Nursing Scope and Standards of Practice, and Nursing's Social Policy Statement.
- Actualizes the vision, mission, values, and performance measures for White Plains Hospital.
- Participates in performance improvement/research activities and demonstrates leadership skills.
- Demonstrates core and unit-specific competencies relevant to the patient population served.
- Collaborates with physicians to assess and provide care for selected patients.
- Executes the plan of care for assigned patients.
- Contributes to the objectives of the specific Division/Department.
- Practices within the defined scope of care delivery.
- Works closely with physicians and other clinicians in a team-based approach to patient care.
- May specialize in specific clinical care areas, such as pediatrics or geriatrics
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Includes the Following:
- Adheres to WPH Performance Standards, Policies, and Behaviors.
- Conducts health assessments, including patient history and physical examination.
- Performs diagnostic procedures and preventive screenings based on age and history.
- Orders and evaluates diagnostic tests, incorporating results into the care plan.
- Formulates appropriate diagnoses using clinical findings.
- Plans and provides care, applying relevant research and involving the patient/family in the process.
- Coordinates patient care with physicians and healthcare providers, evaluating and modifying the care plan as needed.
- Prescribes pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies within privileges.
- Provides patient and family education on health status.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of interventions and plans for patient outcomes.
- Collaborates and communicates effectively with the healthcare team.
- Maintains thorough and timely documentation.
- Participates in education and mentoring of healthcare professionals and students.
- Engages in professional activities to advance nursing practice.
- Pursues continuing education and self-development.
- Abides by ethical codes and state regulations for nursing practice.
- Maintains nurse practitioner specialty certification with relevant credentialing bodies.
- Incorporates guidelines and standards from regulatory bodies and professional organizations.
- Demonstrates effective stress management and problem-solving skills.
- Sets aside time for special projects related to the practice area.
- Integrates quality improvement and research into practice.
- Participates in peer reviews and supports research in the practice setting.
- Performs all other assigned duties.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited school.
- Current NYS license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- Current NYS license as a Nurse Practitioner
- National Certification as a Nurse Practitioner
- Maintains a current collaborative practice agreement.
- BCLS certification required; ACLS certification preferred.
- Minimum two years’ experience in an acute care setting preferred.
- ONS Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Certification (only required if working in the Infusion Center)
- Clinical proficiency
- Problem-solving skills
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Planning and organizing
- Problem-solving skills
- Judgment and decision-making
- Ability to multi-task
- Project management
- Stress tolerance